Thursday, May 28, 2009

Tragedy for an LA Community Garden

This story was pretty big so I'm sure most have seen this before, but I'm posting the link in case you haven't. It is so completely frustrating to me and I'm devastated to know what has happened since the creation of this film.

"The fourteen-acre community garden at 41st and Alameda in South Central Los Angeles is the largest of its kind in the United States. Started as a form of healing after the devastating L.A. riots in 1992, the South Central Farmers have since created a miracle in one of the country’s most blighted neighborhoods. Growing their own food. Feeding their families. Creating a community.

But now, bulldozers are poised to level their 14-acre oasis." -synopsis

1 comment:

  1. the link is somewhat difficult to see.....I'll post it here, again.

    http://www.blackvalleyfilms.com/

    ReplyDelete

Followers