this message from Chrissa:
I was chatting with one of my favorite farmers at the market today, and he asked for assistance in identifying college student types who might be interested in working on his farm. He typically uses immigrant labor but recognizes the growing interest in learning farming skills and would like to share this opportunity…he’s also looking for help staffing farm stands. I THINK his intention is to pay (not sure)… He’s definitely an old school farmer, not organic, but he’s a mid-sized 5th generation family farm and is really trying to change with the times. He’s a real character…
Could you share this with your students? The farm is in the White Marsh/Perry Hall area, they can look at the farm’s website at www.martinherbfarms.com. If anyone is interested, they can contact Kimberly Martin (email@example.com). They can say that they heard through me that Earl was interested in finding intern farm hands.
Food Supplement Nutrition Education
Gardening for Nutrition Educator
Baltimore City and County FSNE Project Leader
Maryland Cooperative Extension
1840 York Road, Suite J
Timonium, MD 21093
firstname.lastname@example.org; 410-666-0445; 410-667-6219 (fax)
- A Naive Child
- Duncan Street: Tomorrow Early, Wednesday Later
- Urban Farming in Baltimore - today's Baltimore sun...
- Montpelier Orchard Work Day June 27
- Soil ≠ Dirt and Other Valuable Information from Sa...
- fall planting guide
- AN EVENTUAL REVERSION
- mica students grow food "He said a lot more goes...
- SPIN a web of lies?
- Roof Top Gardening
- Baltimore Urban Astronomy
- Sub-Urban Farming
- GREAT KIDS FARM
- The Samuel Hopkins Tower
- Bon Secours Garden Cooperative
- Adams Salad
- Thoughts from a Not-Knowing Mind
- NY Times article about roof top gardens: http://ww...
- Just saw this on the free section of craigslist. ...
- Duncan Street
- Pot luck
- Roy Skeen's Charm City Farm (and other thoughts)
- 2 Baltimore Sun links
- The Big Sellout
- With dandelions harvested/weeded ...
- contact for Kate Joyce at Bon Secours, Monday 6/15...
- chicken club
- politics, race/poverty and urban farming
- Duncan Street: Tuesday at 12? Anyone?
- MUSHROOMS & PLANTS TO EAT
- BEES! they are so important.
- I've been eating a lot of that dressing we had at ...
- The first things I thought this morning
- What we're talking about when we talk about talkin...
- Edible Things
- Great Kids' Farm
- an article in the NY Times
- Hamilton Crop Circle is a network of urban farms ...
- sharing backyards
- links to information and history of the Commons
- Greenworks website
- potential paid internship
- Fresh Start, or Great Kids Farm is a day dreamy ex...
- The Future of Food
- Help Exchange
- Institutionalized Gardening
- N55 on land ownership
- Friday 6/5 AM
- Our Class at Duncan Street
- Friday 6/5 POISON IVY
- This salad is entirely local/...
- The Old Farmers Almanac
- weds 6/3
- ▼ June (59)