Some of you in the class have expressed interest in making rain-barrels, and we talked briefly about the possibility of metal drums earlier today. As I was looking for the address for the Pepsi plant here in Baltimore which sells barrels, I came across the information that rain barrels must be food-grade containers, or else thoroughly cleansed, in respect to the chemicals that will otherwise contaminate the water and soil. To obtain barrels from the Pepsi plant, you must call ahead and arrange an appointment to pick them up. Barrels are $5 each.
this is the address and contact information for the Pepsi plant:
1650 Union Ave,
Baltimore, MD 21211
Charlie Dickerson, 410.554.7785.
and here is a page with details on building the rain-barrels:
- A Naive Child
- Duncan Street: Tomorrow Early, Wednesday Later
- Urban Farming in Baltimore - today's Baltimore sun...
- Montpelier Orchard Work Day June 27
- Soil ≠ Dirt and Other Valuable Information from Sa...
- fall planting guide
- AN EVENTUAL REVERSION
- mica students grow food "He said a lot more goes...
- SPIN a web of lies?
- Roof Top Gardening
- Baltimore Urban Astronomy
- Sub-Urban Farming
- GREAT KIDS FARM
- The Samuel Hopkins Tower
- Bon Secours Garden Cooperative
- Adams Salad
- Thoughts from a Not-Knowing Mind
- NY Times article about roof top gardens: http://ww...
- Just saw this on the free section of craigslist. ...
- Duncan Street
- Pot luck
- Roy Skeen's Charm City Farm (and other thoughts)
- 2 Baltimore Sun links
- The Big Sellout
- With dandelions harvested/weeded ...
- contact for Kate Joyce at Bon Secours, Monday 6/15...
- chicken club
- politics, race/poverty and urban farming
- Duncan Street: Tuesday at 12? Anyone?
- MUSHROOMS & PLANTS TO EAT
- BEES! they are so important.
- I've been eating a lot of that dressing we had at ...
- The first things I thought this morning
- What we're talking about when we talk about talkin...
- Edible Things
- Great Kids' Farm
- an article in the NY Times
- Hamilton Crop Circle is a network of urban farms ...
- sharing backyards
- links to information and history of the Commons
- Greenworks website
- potential paid internship
- Fresh Start, or Great Kids Farm is a day dreamy ex...
- The Future of Food
- Help Exchange
- Institutionalized Gardening
- N55 on land ownership
- Friday 6/5 AM
- Our Class at Duncan Street
- Friday 6/5 POISON IVY
- This salad is entirely local/...
- The Old Farmers Almanac
- weds 6/3
- ▼ June (59)